As part of its PAF Edition, PAF—Festival of Film Animation and Contemporary Art releases the first concise anthology on Internet art in Czech – #mm net art.
The book can serve as an introduction to this specific area of the twentieth- and twenty-first-century art world. The essays were also selected with regard to the expert reader, to whom the book offers new and as yet unpublished information, and hopefully also a new perspective on the phenomenon of Net art.
The essays, manifests and theoretical and historical articles in this book are placed in context, and follow Net art from its technological and conceptual origins to the present-day, with the merging of virtual and physical worlds and the arrival of so-called Post-Internet art in gallery spaces.
The anthology is divided into five thematic sections that are based on important milestones in the history of Internet art: Web 1.0 (Katarína Rusnáková, Dieter Daniels, Marie Meixnerová); Net.art (net-dot-art) (Domenico Quaranta, Natalie Bookchin, Alexei Shulgin); Web 2.0 (Domenico Quaranta, Piotr Czerski, Brad Troemel, Artie Vierkant, Ben Vickers, Marie Meixnerová) and Post-Internet (Jennifer Chan, Gene McHugh). The fifth chapter, simply entitled Archiving, is devoted to archiving and the preservation of Internet art (Dieter Daniels, Gunther Reisinger, Matěj Strnad). The afterword was written by the Czech theoretician and curator Lumír Nykl.
The publication was edited by curator and theoretician Marie Meixnerová (Mary Meixner), who has been dealing with this phenomenon since 2011, and who also gave her authorial input into the publication.
Marie Meixnerová (b. 1986) graduated in English Philology, Film Studies and Communication Studies from UPOL, Czech Republic, where she study for her PhD at the Department of Arts Education. She co-curates ScreenSaverGallery, is editor of the Experimental cinema section at Film and New Media Magazine 25fps, and curator at PAF—Festival of Film Animation and Contemporary Art in Olomouc. As (c) merry she is also an active artist.
MEIXNEROVÁ, Marie (ed.) #mm net art – internetové umění ve virtuálním a fyzickém prostoru prezentace. Pastiche Filmz, Olomouc 2014. ISBN 978-80-87662-06-9
Editor: Marie Meixnerová
Texts: Natalie Bookchin, Piotr Czerski, Dieter Daniels, Jennifer Chan, Gene McHugh, Marie Meixnerová, Lumír Nykl, Domenico Quaranta, Gunther Reisinger, Katarína Rusnáková, Matěj Strnad, Alexej Šulgin, Brad Troemel, Ben Vickers, Artie Vierkant
paperback, 16,5 x 23,5 cm, 232 pages, Czech
/ 10,- EUR
- personal pick up: 240 CZK / 10 EUR
- postage within ČR, bank trasfer in advance: + 60 CZK (300 CZK in total)
- postage within ČR, cash on delivery: + 90 CZK (350 CZK in total)
- postage within Europe, bank trasfer in advance: + 5 EUR (15 EUR in total)
- postage outside Europe, bank trasfer in advance: + 7 EUR (17 EUR in total)
The publication will be introduced into wider distribution during November 2015.
In PAF Edition has been so far released:
/ ANTHOLOGIES, CATALOGUES AND TRANSLATED PUBLICATIONS
- MAZANEC, Martin (ed.). Peter Kubelka. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2008.
- SURMANOVÁ, Kateřina (ed.). Ostrovy animace. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2010.
- NEDĚLA, Jiří (ed.). Animace ilustrace. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2010.
- MAZANEC, Martin (ed.). Manifesty pohyblivého obrazu: barevná hudba. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2010.
- mediabaze.cz (ed.). Katalog událostí českého pohyblivého obrazu I. Jiné vize 2000–2010. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2011.
- mediabaze.cz (ed.). Katalog událostí českého pohyblivého obrazu II. Jiné vize 2000–2010. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2011.
- HUDEC, Zdeněk (ed.): Genderové stereotypy v animované tvorbě Walta Disneyho: Ideologie, queer a diskurzivní analýza. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2012.
- MAZANEC, Martin (ed.). Křehké kino. Brno: Galerie mladých – Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2013.
- MEIXNEROVÁ, Marie (ed.) #mm net art – internetové umění ve virtuálním a fyzickém prostoru prezentace. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2014.
/ AUTHORIAL AND ARTISTIC PUBLICATIONS
- KOHOUT, Martin. Linear Manual. Pastiche Filmz & TLTRPreß. 2012.
- ŠRÁMEK, Jan. Ztracená perspektiva. Brno: Fiume / Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2012.
- PĚCHOUČEK, Michal. Studio. Olomouc: Pastiche Filmz, 2013.
/ DVD, CD, VINYL
- TABLE. We Are No Longer the Same. [CD]. PAF, 2010.
- PJONI& INK MIDGET [EP 12"]. Exitab, f341, PAF, 2011.
- ANIMATION NOW! FESTIVAL, PAF. Caution! Freshly Animated. [DVD]. Stowarzyszeniem A Kuku Sztuka, 2011.