As a result of the growth in the yearlong activities, PAF extends its PR team and announces a recruitment procedure for the position of media manager – junior.
Junior media manager will work as a PR assistant of head media manager from June 2015. The job will include help with promoting the yearlong activities of PAF, performing subtasks, creating text outputs, administrating social networks etc. Media manager – junior will work in close cooperation with head media manager, web master, translators and the organizers of the festival. During this time, media manager – junior will be trained in PAF media management, so that he/she will be able to fully perform the position of festival PR (PAF 2015 = December 3–6 2015).
During the first year, the festival PR tasks will be performed with the assistance and support of head media manager so that junior media manager will be able to independently hold the position within the following year.
Working in a young dynamic team. The possibility of using an office in Olomouc or working from home. During the time of the festival, the presence in Olomouc is necessary.
Career progression is expected according to proven capabilities. Firstly, to the independent festival PR or PR of other subprojects of PAF, later to the position of head media manger.
Time demands depend on the speed with which the junior manager is able to manage all the given tasks. (Less previous experience does mean higher time demands.) In the first months occasionally, according to time possibilities of the applier and current yearlong activities of PAF. From September to January, junior manager has to expect higher time demands.
Work on trade license or contract for work.
SCOPE OF FESTIVAL PR’S WORK
- communicating with Czech and foreign media and media partners
- establishing media partnerships
- organizing press conferences
- preparing press releases and other press outputs for promotion (news, newsletters, December ArtMap Olomouc etc.)
- creating web content (http://www.pifpaf.cz/en/)
- promoting the festival on the Internet and social networks
- administrating social networks (G+, Faceboook, Twitter, Pinterest, ArtStack, Flickr etc.)
- working in a team: cooperating with PR assistants, translators, proof readers, graphic designer, webmaster, photographers and cameramen, dramaturges and other members of the team; creating time schedules and checking their keeping in relation with PR activities.
- a continuous yearlong media monitoring (creating the archive)
- a guarantee of ArtMap Olomouc (published in December; negotiating with partners, ensuring advertisers, preparing text materials, coordinating translations/proof readings/graphic design, communicating with the printing office)
- guarantee of preparation, printing and dislocation of promotional materials (eg. festival posters, ArtMap, postcards/flyers, programme brochures etc.; other materials created in cooperation with media partners)
- guarantee of processing outputs of photo/video documentation of the festival
- presence at organizational meetings and skype conferences of PAF
- responsibility for media image of the festival
- creative development of PR strategy, active enhancing of PAF’s goodwill
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
- previous experience in the PR field is an advantage
- previous experience in working with people
- excellent knowledge of Czech and English language (knowledge of another world language is an advantage)
- knowledge of Google products (g-drive, g-mail, G+, Google Analytics, Google Search), Facebook, Twitter etc.
- knowledge of Microsoft products (excel, MS Word, Power Point)
- excellent familiarity with Internet environment
- excellent orientation in Czech media environment
- the ability to get quickly oriented in unknown media environment
- the ability to work in a team
- the ability to cooperate
- extraordinary organizational skills
- flexibility, adaptability
- assertiveness, communicative nature
- representative behaviour
- representative appearance
- outstanding communicational capabilities
- time flexibility
- the ability to handle stressful situations, multitasking
- familiarity with Czech audio visual and visual art scene is an advantage
- familiarity with Festival of Film Animation (www.pifpaf.cz/en/) and its history (knowledge necessary by the end of July 2015)
PERKS / PAF OFFERS
- an independent, responsible job
- a young, dynamic working collective
- a pleasant workplace
- working for one of the best critically assessed European festivals
- the possibility of personal growth
- the possibility of career growth
- gaining experience, establishing contacts
Open call deadline: May 30 2015
+ 420 608 754 730