Soutěž 8. Přehlídky animovaného filmu
Competition of the Festival of Film Animation
The competition OTHER VISIONS intends to honour and make accessible the work of professionals and amateurs who permeate through both the cinematographic and graphic scene.
This year's selection will be in the hands of Lenka Dolanová, a PhD student at the Prague FAMU, specializing in social, technological and philosophical aspects of avantgardes of electronic art.
Confirmed members of this year's jury are:
Ivan Ladislav Galeta – pedagogue, director | CR
Martin Arnold – visual artist and experimental filmmaker | AT
Mia Makela – media and live cinema artist | FI
* The work must be a result of an independent, noncommercial approach towards the production of a work (it is not a competition for commercials, advertisements or commercial orders).
* The work must be made and produced in the Czech Republic.
* The work must be suitable for cinema projection or TV screening (it is not a competition for installations and live performances).
* You are expected to work with moving film and video image in the widest possible grasp. The length of the film and video is not crucial.
* Films and videos must not be older more than 18 months (counting backward from the date of the selection closure, i.e. from the 15th November 2009).
Send your work on DVD, VHS or film reel till the 15th November at the address:
Pastiche filmz o.s.
Jiné vize 009
The 10 chosen works will be screened and installed at the Jesuit Konvikt. One main prize and the jury prize will be awarded. We still discuss the sponsorship and promotion of the chosen works.