PAF, the Festival of Film Animation and Contemporary Art, this year invited artists to submit their audiovisual artworks for the 13th edition of the competition of Czech moving images Other Visions. The opportunity to submit audio visual works will end at September 30, 2019 (midnight).
In the long term, the Other Visions CZ competition aims to create awareness of the Czech moving image: alternative art forms bordering on animation, experimental film and videoart. Work with the moving image in the broadest sense of the words is expected.
Ten artworks selected by this year’s curator of Other Visions CZ will be screened in the cinema and installed in a gallery space at this year’s 18th edition of the PAF festival that takes place from December 5 to 8, 2019. The winner of the Main Award will be selected by an international jury and the winner of the Audience Award will be voted for by the audience.
After the festival and until the end of next year, the selection of ten artworks will be presented in the Czech Republic and abroad under the title Other Visions CZ 2019 (Jiné vize CZ 2019). The Other Visions selections has been presented in galleries and cinemas in New York, Texas, Iceland, Prague, Brno, Bratislava and many other places.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- the work can be screened in a cinema
- the work was created less than 18 months ago
- the work is independent and of a non-commercial character
- the work was created in the Czech Republic (the artist does not have to be a Czech citizen)
- there are no restrictions on the form or the length
- both professionals and amateurs of any age are eligible to participate
- participation in the competition is not restricted to new participants (artists can participate more than once) and there is no age limit
- registration fee is 100 CZK per work
- more than one work can be submitted (each requires a separate application form and registration fee)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2019 (MIDNIGHT).
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
Each year, a different curator selects and nominates ten works. Curators come from various areas of culture. In previous years, the curatorship was taken on by Rado Ištok, Michal Novotný, Karel Císař, Lenka Střeláková, Marika Kupková, David Kořínek, Dušan Zahoranský, Pavel Ryška, Sylva Poláková, Lenka Dolanová, Martin Fišr and Přátelský film (Michal Pěchouček a Martin Mazanec). Members of previous juries include Takeshi Murata, András Cséfalvay, Martin Arnold, Ivan Ladislav Galeta, Pip Chodorov, Constant Dullaart and Gabriele Jutz.
Winners of the Main Award in previous years were Valentýna Janů & Kryštof Hlůže (2018), David Přílučík (2017), Lucie Rosenfeldová (2016), Janek Rous(2015), Barbora Kleinhamplová a Kristýna Bartošová (2014), Petr Šprincl a Marie Hájková(2013), Akile Nazli Kaya (2012), Alexandra Moralesová (2011), David Možný (2010), Daniel Pitín(2009), Martin Kohout (2008) and Viktor Takáč (2007).