PAF, the Festival of Film Animation and Contemporary Art, this year invited artists to submit their audiovisual artworks for the 10th edition of the competition of Czech moving images Other Visions.
The opportunity to submit audio visual works ended at October 10, 2016 (midnight).
In the long term, the Other Visions CZ competition aims to create awareness of the Czech moving image: alternative art forms bordering on animation, experimental film and videoart. Work with the moving image in the broadest sense of the words is expected.
Ten artworks selected by this year’s curator of Other Visions CZ will be screened in the cinema and installed in a gallery space at this year’s 15th edition of the PAF festival that takes place from December 1 to 4, 2016. The winner of the Main Award and the Special Merit Award will be selected by an international jury and the winner of the Audience Award will be voted for by the audience.
After the festival and until the end of next year, the selection of ten artworks will be presented in the Czech Republic and abroad under the title Other Visions 2016. So far, last year’s selection has been presented in the Czech Centre in New York and in cinemas in Prague, Brno and Bratislava.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- the work can be screened in a cinema
- the work was created less than 18 months ago
- the work is independent and of a non-commercial character
- the work was created in the Czech Republic (the artist does not have to be a Czech citizen)
- there are no restrictions on the form or the length
- both professionals and amateurs of any age are eligible to participate
- more than one work can be submitted (each requires a separate application form)
- participation in the competition is not restricted to new participants (artists can participate more than once)
- there is no application fee
Submission deadline is October 10, 2016 (midnight).
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
Each year, a different curator selects and nominates ten works. Curators come from various areas of culture. In previous years, the curatorship was taken on by Lenka Střeláková, Marika Kupková, David Kořínek, Dušan Zahoranský, Pavel Ryška, Sylva Poláková, Lenka Dolanová, Martin Fišr and Přátelský film (Michal Pěchouček a Martin Mazanec). Members of previous juries include Takeshi Murata, András Cséfalvay, Martin Arnold, Ivan Ladislav Galeta, Pip Chodorov, Constant Dullaart and Gabriele Jutz.
Winners of the Main Award in previous years were Janek Rous (2015), Barbora Kleinhamplová a Kristýna Bartošová (2014), Petr Šprincl a Marie Hájková (2013), Akile Nazli Kaya (2012), Alexandra Moralesová (2011), David Možný (2010), Daniel Pitín (2009), Martin Kohout (2008) and Viktor Takáč (2007).